Welcome to the Kellogg & Sons Blacksmith Shop

Our traditional Blacksmith shop located in Northern New York. We do custom Blacksmithing work focused upon traditional 18th and 19th century hardware and tools.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Teaching and Blacksmithing. A return to my Home Blacksmith Shop!


As many of my friends know I worked for almost 6 years at the Farmers' Museum in Cooperstown.


That involved commuting 130 miles each way and staying away from home for 5 days at a time.  I am now focusing on teaching and Blacksmithing closer to home in Dexter!  I am happy to be home in the North Country, but miss all the friends I made while in southern NY.  It is time to get Kellogg & Sons going again!  My Great-Grandfather started his business by that name in 1921.


What are my plans now?  Some teaching, Blacksmithing, historic smithing projects, and having a little fun.  I definitely plan on more Kayaking and fishing this year.



I have barely gone the last 5 years even though the Black River is in my back yard.  I can fish for every major North American gamefish within walking distance.  This Pickerel was caught 6 feet off my back yard.


I'm going fishing!


No comments:

Post a Comment